TOP 5 JANUARY SIGNINGS
January often proves to be a hectic month for Premier League clubs. The winter transfer window see’s comings and goings across the league.
A successful January signing can shape a sides second half of the season. A number of clubs went out and recruited big names last month. Here’s our top five January moves.
- Ryan Babel. Besiktas to Fulham. Struggling for their Premier League survival and in the relegation zone, Fulham went out and got the former Liverpool man. Babel, still a Dutch international has already started positively, showing signs that the 32-year-old still has some good football left in him yet.
- Samir Nasri. Free agent to West Ham. Another old face has returned to the Premier League in the former Arsenal man. His debut against the gunners, showed signs that Nasri hasn’t lost the touch that made him so desirable to big spending City back in 2011. The Irons can and should expect good performances from the Frenchman.
- Youri Tielemans. Monaco to Leicester. The young Belgian international has been touted as on the Europe’s best prospects. Struggling to find his feet at Monaco however has been a big problem for the 21-year-old and a few months away from the troubled club might do him a world of favours. I’m sure Leicester fans can’t wait to see what he can do in the Premier league.
- Michy Batshuayi. Chelsea (via Valencia) to Crystal Palace. Palace have been begging for an out and out goal-scorer and they might just have their man. Batshuayi is a proven finisher and has scored goals at a heap of different clubs so far in his short career. A late cameo display against Fulham has already showed the Selhurst faithful what he can do. Plus, he’s better than the Belgian they currently have drawing blank after blank up top.
- Gonzalo Higuain. Juventus (via AC Milan) to Chelsea. Sarri has his man. An old adversary of ‘Sarri-ball’. A proven goal-scorer with number nine on his back, who has already hit the ground running. Blanks against Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth made some question the 31-year-old but a special performance on his home league debut saw the Argentine score two excellent goals against Huddersfield. Chelsea might have found the hitman they’ve been longing for since the departure of Diego Costa.