Media Pack example:
- Audience (typical user – this can be obtained from a website’s media pack
- Market (main rival sites)
- Number of unique page impressions sites – this can be obtained from the media pack.
- Size of site and how many people work on it.
- Approximate numbers of pages of editorial, key sections and length of articles.
- Writing styles (particularly compared with print output).
- Does the site aim to ‘break’ news stories?
- Website navigation and usability – how easy is the site to navigate.
- Use of photographs, audio, video where appropriate
- Participation – methods that the site uses to engage with users.
- Social media – use of Facebook and Twitter
- Mobile technology – does the site have a mobile site?
- How the site generates revenue? Is it profitable?
- Technology used such as content management systems.
- Colour scheme, fonts used, size of text. Masthead (banner) design.
- Any suggestions for improvements to editorial content or design.